Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tom Hanks is a TRUE American IDIOT

Tom Hanks had made some pretty good movies in my opinion over his career. Who could forget Bachelor Party? He also was executive producer of HBO's John Adams last year, which was a great mini-series about one of the most underrated founding fathers.

So of course this ACTOR has to go all intolerant on me and call me Un American. I mean, he did not call me personally intolerant, but those who supported California's Prop 8 initiative back in November which passed by a 52 % to 48 % margin.

To quote the great one........

“There are a lot of people who feel that is un-American, and I am one of them. I do not like to see any discrimination codified on any piece of paper, any of the 50 states in America, but here's what happens now. A little bit of light can be shed, and people can see who's responsible, and that can motivate the next go around of our self correcting Constitution, and hopefully we can move forward instead of backwards. So let's have faith in not only the American, but Californian, constitutional process.”

He's basically pissed at the Mormons for pouring some dough into this proposal.Even though it was a large swath of all faiths and creeds which supported this, no matter to Tommy poo the Mormons are a easy target cause their weirder I guess than his pal Tom Cruise's Scientology bunch.

But truth be told all major religions, Christians, Jews and even the happy warrior Muslims all have some basic teachings and rulings against gay MARRIAGE. MARRIAGE is a religious institution that is recognized by local governments, it's really that simple. You can't change the definition of the word MARRIAGE anymore than you can make Michigan's own Madonna a virgin again. It just isn't possible. If you want to have a civil ceremony recognized let's have that debate. I personally could give a flying two glo sticks what the hell people do behind closed doors, but whatever Rosie O Donnell and her slave errrr wife do behind closed doors is not defined as being married.

I also get a kick from Forrest's comment about " our self correcting Constitution"

What the Hell does that mean? When does the Constitution self correct itself? I suppose one day when I go to check the Michigan Constitution I will find the Constitution gremlins will have put in a provision to prevent people from Canada ever running for Governor in this state again. Sad this wasn't put in before Jenny Granholm ran this place into the ground. Maybe the self correcting Constitution is like self correcting spell check, I mean I have no idea what this TOOL is talking about!!

Tom you stick to making movies and let the rest of us do the thinking, the world is a much safer place when that happens!!!!




Read the whole story here.......

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,480167,00.html

No comments: